With billions of people all over the world using social media, it’s easy to see why businesses try to make the most of the platforms available to them. Imagine having access to half of the world’s population! You can achieve this through paid social media advertising. That’s an audience you wouldn’t just get anywhere else.
That said, it’s not the only deciding factor for campaigns. For you to understand paid social media advertising better, here are some of the benefits and challenges of this digital marketing method, according to your trusted expert on digital marketing and web design in North Wales, Digital WebWorx Ltd. Let’s start with the benefits:
Benefits of Paid Social Media Advertising
Just last year, businesses worldwide spent $40 billion on paid social advertising. This number is expected to rise to $56 billion next year. The reason big and small companies alike invest in paid social media advertising is that it offers benefits they wouldn’t get elsewhere:
- Incredible Reach – the size of the audience that you get on social media is incomparable. This is crucial for a business that aims to bring its brand to as many people as possible.
- Better Targeting – another benefit of paid social media advertising is that you can better target your ads to specific audiences based on factors like behavior, location, interests, preferences, activities, and others. That means your ads will be shown to users who are most likely to be your customers, too.
- Speedy Advertising – compared to traditional advertising like TV or print media, social media platforms allow for instantaneous brand or product launches and ads. There are no complex processes, and your ads, once done, can be immediately viewed.
- Boosted Content Visibility – it’s social media. You don’t need to wait long for people to see your brand and come to you. You can control how often your content will be shown to your audience.
- Stronger Online Presence – there might be no better way to build your online presence than through social media advertising, as countless people see your content at once.
- Increased Website Traffic – you can use social advertising to boost conversions, too. And if you have a brick-and-mortar business, social media advertising can help bring more people to your shop, too.
Challenges of Paid Social Advertising
As with other advertising methods, paid social media advertising comes with challenges, too:
- Selecting the Platform on Which You’ll Advertise – because you have many options, it can be challenging to choose which platforms you’ll utilize for your brand. Knowing your audience and their intent can help you decide.
- Setting Realistic Goals – it’s hard to create realistic goals, especially when you’re just starting, it’s either you shoot too high or too low. It might take a while before you get the knack for it and set realistic and feasible goals.
- Intense Competition – because of the benefits of paid social media advertising, you can bet that the competition will be tough for ad space.
- Determining KPIs – it can be a challenge to set the best KPIs for your social media advertising efforts, but you can’t skip this because you will use those KPIs to determine the progress and success of your efforts.
These are some of the benefits and challenges of paid social media advertising that you need to know about. Of course, paid social media advertising is just one of the strategies you need to do to boost the performance of your online business. If you want a well-rounded approach to digital marketing, you need to work with experts on social media, content, and web design in North Wales to help you out.
Digital WebWorx Ltd can provide you with reliable services for social media advertising, SEO, and web design in North Wales. Contact our team to know how our team can help your business!